The 2019 National Development Summit brings best practices in rugby development for all coaches, referees, administrators, and players around the country. This can't-miss event is sure to be one of the best events of the year with sessions and clinics from the country's top experts!
Participants can expect presentations from...
- Men's and Women's National Team Coaches
- National Panel Referees
- National Team Players
- Top Level Administrators
- Top Medical Professionals including National Team Doctors and USA Rugby's Medical Services Director
- Other Coaches, Referees, and Administrators in Rugby
- Special Guest Keynote Speaker at the Conference Banquet
- All coaches and referees will receive 10 Professional Development Credits for attending this year's Summit!
Be sure to register early to reserve your spot to network with the best of the best in rugby around the country. We look forward to seeing you in Houston!
- Dates: January 11-13, 2019
- Location: Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant-Medical
- Early Bird Registration: $175.00 - Ends October 5, 2018
- Registration beginning October 6, 2018: $200.00
- Registration beginning January 4, 2018: $225.00
Register today for the 2019 National Development Summit! This years conference includes four tracks of programming including panel discussions, keynote speakers, and technical workshops on topics in coaching, refereeing, and administration. Your registration includes admission to Friday nights welcome reception, the Dinner of Champions on Saturday, plus access to the exhibitor hall over the entire weekend. The conference will be held at the Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant - Medical.
Early Bird registration - $175. Open until October 5, 2018.
Starting October 6, 2018 registration will be $200.
Price increases to $225 after January 4, 2019.
Any questions about the 2019 NDS can be sent to Alicia Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA Rugby is proud to host this year’s National Development Summit at the Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant-Medical. This beautiful hotel and conference center sits right in the shadow of Reliant Park/NRG Stadium and is a short trip from either of the major airports in Houston.
- Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant-Medical
- 8686 Kirby Drive
- Houston, TX 77054
- Single Occupancy: $135+ tax
- Double Occupancy: $135 + tax
- *Room rates include Wi-Fi in each room
- *Room rates expire after 12/28/2018 - following this date, attendees are encouraged to book via Hotels.com, Kayak.com, or other travel sites for the best rate.
- Complimentary On-site parking
- Complimentary internet access
- Full service business center
- Fitness Center
- Indoor Heated Pool
- And more!
Hotel Booking Link Coming Soon!
The National Development Summit is the place to market and network with members of the rugby community! The Exhibitor Hall provides exhibitors with up front access to all attendees throughout the entire weekend. The Friday Night Reception and all breaks throughout the weekend are held within the Hall providing participants a first hand look at all of the exhibitors and a chance to mingle and meet with business organizations far and wide. Reserve your spot today in the Exhibitors Hall and don't miss out on this excellent opportunity to share your products with the rugby community!
Check back soon for Sponsor and Exhibitor Opportunities!
Thank you to our 2018 Sponsors!
Bronze Level 1
Bronze Level 2
Bronze Level 3
Stay tuned for more updates!
Interested in presenting at the 2019 National Development Summit? The Call for Presentations is open! Apply now at Call For Presentations.
The 2019 Call for Presentations is open! Submit your proposal today at: Call For Presentations. Stay tuned for speaker and agenda announcements coming soon!
We look forward to members of the press attending and covering the 2018 USA Rugby National Development Summit. Please register below to receive your press pass and information on our press activities throughout the weekend. Each member of the press will gain access to our press room, with plenty of workspace and resources including printers and wifi. We will also be making all our presenters available for interviews after their sessions in the press room interview area. Press is welcome to take video, audio or photography during the NDS pending approval of your registration. We ask that you do not film full sessions for production or sharing on social media.
☆ Each member of the press will receive a pass to the event, including light hors d’oeuvres Friday evening, lunch and dinner on Saturday.
☆ We welcome print media, television, digital, blogger, audio, radio and others.
☆ If you would like a media credential, please complete the Media Credential Request Form.
☆ Press questions and inquiries to Calder Cahill – email@example.com.
1. What is included in my registration?
Your registration fee will include the following:
- Welcome Reception Admission (including two drink tickets)
- Summit Programming for Saturday and Sunday
- Lunch on Saturday
- Dinner and Evening Reception on Saturday
- Refreshments on Sunday
2. Will transportation be provided to the venue?
All meetings will take place at the Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant-Medical and attendees will be able to walk to and from sessions.
3. Will airport transportation be provided?
The hotel is a $20 cab or Uber from Hobby Airport and a $40 cab or Uber from George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
4. What is the cost of parking at the venue?
Parking at the hotel is complimentary for attendees.
5. What is the dress code for the Development Summit?
There is no set dress code for the conference, most individuals dress smart casual. Some of the sessions are practical, interactive sessions, so please wear appropriate clothing for participation. Saturday's dinner will be business formal.
6. Will contact information be provided for presenters and attendees?
Contact information will be provided for all presenters throughout the conference. Attendee information will not be available as to protect privacy. Attendees are encouraged to bring and distribute business cards should they desire someone's contact information.
7. Is breakfast provided at the hotel?
The hotel offers a full breakfast option for attendees to purchase while staying at the hotel.
8. Can I obtain Professional Development Credits if I am a certified coach?
Yes! Attendance at the conference will get you 10 PDCs for towards your coaching certification. For more information on obtaining PDCs please contact Katie Dyke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Will conference attendees have copies of the presentations from the conference?
All conference materials will be posted online after the conference. Attendees are encouraged to bring a notebook to take notes during presentations.
10. This is my first National Development Summit, what can I expect?
The National Development Summit is geared towards anything and everything in rugby development. All sessions are hands-on, dynamic presentations that contain relevant information to help you grow your program/organization. Come expecting to network with others in the rugby community and also be ready to obtain a wealth of information that you can take back to your area.
11. What do I do if I already registered and need to cancel?
Refunds will be issued if requested via email to Logan Gregory at email@example.com up to 4th. After January 4th, no refunds will be issued. Registrants may request a credit to be transferred to another attendee by January 10th. After January 10th, no refunds or credits will be issued.
12. Who do I contact if I have questions leading up to the summit?
If you have any questions that come up prior to the summit you can contact Logan Gregory at firstname.lastname@example.org.