The 2018 National Development Summit brings best practices in rugby development for all coaches, referees, administrators, and players around the country. This can't-miss event is sure to be one of the best events of the year with sessions and clinics from the country's top experts!
Participants can expect presentations from...
- Men's and Women's National Team Coaches
- National Panel Referees
- National Team Players
- Top Level Administrators
- Top Medical Professionals including National Team Doctors and USA Rugby's Medical Services Director
- Other Coaches, Referees, and Administrators in Rugby
- Special Guest Keynote Speaker at the Conference Banquet
- All coaches and referees will receive 10 Professional Development Credits for attending this year's Summit!
Be sure to register early to reserve your spot to network with the best of the best in rugby around the country. We look forward to seeing you in Denver!
- Dates: January 19-21, 2018
- Location: Denver Marriott City Center
- Registration information coming soon!
Registration Coming Soon!
Book Your Hotel
USA Rugby is proud to host this year’s National Development Summit at the Denver Marriott City Center. This beautiful hotel and conference center sits right in the heart of Denver, Colorado's downtown and just a short train ride away from Denver International Airport.
- Denver Marriott City Center
- 1701 California Street
- Denver, CO 80202
- Single Occupancy: $129+ tax
- Double Occupancy: $129 + tax
- *Room rates include Wi-Fi in each room
- *Room rates expire after 1/4/2017 - following this date, attendees are encouraged to book via Hotels.com, Kayak.com, or other travel sites for the best rate.
- $9.00 light rail ride from the airport
- On-site parking
- Complimentary internet access
- Full service business center
- Fitness Center
- Indoor Heated Pool
- Close to a large variety of restaurants and entertainment
- And more!
Hotel Booking Link Coming Soon!
2018 National Development Summit Sponsorship and Exhibiting Opportunities Coming Soon!
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors, Partners, and Exhibitors!
Silver Level Sponsors
Bronze Level 1 Sponsors
Bronze Level 2 Sponsors
Agenda Coming Soon! Check back for more information!
2018 Speaker Information Coming Soon!
Check out some of our 2017 NDS Speakers
Collegiate Director, USA Rugby
HP Referee Manager, USA Rugby
Morris Rugby Corporation
Founder & Owner of The Ruggers Edge
Head Coach, USA Rugby Men's Sevens
USA Rugby Club Department Manager
Pacific Western Rugby Conference
Rugby Mass Participation Program Consultant, Rugby Canada
Assoc. Strength and Conditioning Coach & Sports Science Coord., U.S. Naval Academy
Founder and Owner, Smarter Team Training
Head Coach, Womens Eagles Sevens
We look forward to members of the press attending and covering the 2018 USA Rugby National Development Summit. Please register below to receive your press pass and information on our press activities throughout the weekend. Each member of the press will gain access to our press room, with plenty of workspace and resources including printers and wifi. We will also be making all our presenters available for interviews after their sessions in the press room interview area. Press is welcome to take video, audio or photography during the NDS pending approval of your registration.
☆ Each member of the press will receive a pass to the event, including light hors d’oeuvres Friday evening, lunch and dinner on Saturday.
☆ We welcome print media, television, digital, blogger, audio, radio and others.
☆ If you would like a media credential, please contact Nick Sero at firstname.lastname@example.org
☆ Press question and inquiries to Nick Sero, Communications and Digital Media Manager – email@example.com, 303-539-0300 x115
1. What is included in my registration?
Your registration fee will include the following:
- Welcome Reception Admission (including two drink tickets)
- Summit Programming for Saturday and Sunday
- Breakfast on Saturday
- Lunch on Saturday
- Dinner and Evening Reception on Saturday
- Refreshments on Sunday
2. Will transportation be provided to the venue?
All meetings will take place at the Denver Marriott City Center and attendees will be able to walk to and from sessions.
3. Will airport transportation be provided?
The hotel is a $9.00 light rail trip from the airport. You can find the map and information on the Denver light rail website.
You can also grab a cab or Uber to the hotel, which is only 25 miles from the airport.
4. What is the cost of parking at the venue?
The Marriott has an on-site parking garage at $32/night.
5. What is the dress code for the Development Summit?
There is no set dress code for the conference, most individuals dress smart casual. Some of the sessions are practical, interactive sessions, so please wear appropriate clothing for participation. Saturday's dinner will be business formal.
6. Will contact information be provided for presenters and attendees?
Contact information will be provided for all presenters throughout the conference. Attendee information will not be available as to protect privacy. Attendees are encouraged to bring and distribute business cards should they desire someone's contact information.
7. Is breakfast provided at the hotel?
Breakfast will be available at the hotel with your hotel room rate. The hotel also offers a wide spread of breakfast options which can be found on their site. There are also a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel where breakfast can be had.
8. Can I obtain Professional Development Credits if I am a certified coach?
Yes! Attendance at the conference will get you 10 PDCs for towards your coaching certification. For more information on obtaining PDCs please contact Katie Dyke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Will conference attendees have copies of the presentations from the conference?
All conference materials will be posted online after the conference. Attendees are encouraged to bring a notebook to take notes during presentations.
10. This is my first National Development Summit, what can I expect?
The National Development Summit is geared towards anything and everything in rugby development. All sessions are hands-on, dynamic presentations that contain relevant information to help you grow your program/organization. Come expecting to network with others in the rugby community and also be ready to obtain a wealth of information that you can take back to your area.
11. What do I do if I already registered and need to cancel?
Refunds will be issued if requested via email to Alicia Allen at email@example.com up to January 8th. After January 8th, no refunds will be issued. Registrants may request a credit to be transferred to another attendee by January 17th. After January 17th, no refunds or credits will be issued.
12. Who do I contact if I have questions leading up to the summit?
If you have any questions that come up prior to the summit you can contact Alicia Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.